Freitag, 18. April 2014

Dani California Reloaded

How fast time flies when you are enjoying yourself. Didn't Dani California just arrive in Los Angeles?? And now another 2 weeks have passed and I am waiting for my friend Melanie to arrive here tomorrow. Just 2 more "Beach Days" and we are ready to hit the nature path. Grand Canyon, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley, Route 66, Nashville. And these are gonna be just a few of the stops along the way to Atlanta. Getting curious already? ;) More about all that in my next Blog. This one is about more than a few relaxing days in sunny California ...

Nina and I started off with a "doing the most you can in LA in just 2 days". First it was an afternoon full of shopping. Joyyyyyyyy :) The next day we headed into downtown LA and enjoyed a view up at Griffith Observatory. From there it was just "a few" steps down to the Chinese Theatre and the Walk of Fame. Where we met Cat Woman (I could smell her perfume on me for the rest of that day :)), Spiderman and some other crazy creatures (Nina, did you parents never tell you not to talk to strangers ;))). But after some time we had enough of the hustle and bustle of Hollywood and headed to Venice Beach. There it was exceptionally quiet. Maybe it was the season. Maybe it was the fresh air. But Venice Beach seemed to be a bit sleepy on this Wednesday afternoon. Shops closed. Not so many artists "producing" themselves. The muscle men at Muscle Beach must have been "on vacation" as well on this very day :) Still, Venice is always a place you should see. And the sunset was just amazing!!! Even though we were both freezing our a.... off :) But hey, what doesn't a photographer do to get a few good pictures :) And the last Good Bye came. After a French Toast for breakfast, which is actually breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one :), at the Yellow Vase (where I should return to again and again ...) it was time to say Good Bye to Nina and time for me to head to San Diego. Where I spent a few days with my sister's friend and her family. Astrid, Dave and their two boys Bryce and Nathan. The first shyness of Nate (the younger one) was gone soon and also Bryce gave me the long awaited smile in the end. I've spent a few cheery days in the city South of Los Angeles. Doing some sightseeing, pretty and colourful flower fields and a lighthouse (I looooove those!!!). Watching a soccer game of the 4 year old (and yay, he shot a goal). Singing christmas songs in spring (hey Rudy and oh jingelly Jingle Bells:)) and letter songs in the car. I still can't get Willie the walrus out of my head. But way too soon it was time to trade in the two boys for two girls who awaited me back in LA. And what a difference this is. I can tell you!!! No more running around playing soccer and baseball. No more Wrestling and so on. From now on it was shopping with THE 8 year old shopping fashionista Liana. I think you can quite possibly say that I've had a shopping overdose ;) Lots of Make Up. Pop Cakes and other sweet stuff in any shape and form. Gym Training of the State Champion of 2014 (Liana!!). Frozen and Frozen again. Which is a movie also the boys like a lot. Playing, singing and watching the cupsong. I believe Liana could watch that move Pitch Perfect every day. Seeing Mickey & Co at the happiest place on earth. Ice Cream. Beach and beach and beach. Family life to the fullest. Thank you again and over Teresa, Derek, Teri and Liana for always giving me a place to stay when I am here. I really do appreciate it!!! It's been a fun time. Reloaded fun time ;) And I await you guys in two years in Switerland :)

Dani California came. Dani California was. And maybe Dani California will be again someday. But for now, what I will remember is this ... the four year old wrestler who reminds me just a little bit of the boy back home that I miss so much. The bakery at the corner I could go to every day. An almost 9 year old who loves sweets and Make Up and shopping too. Her almost 14 year old sister who I had met for the first time, guess what, 14 years ago and who is now growing into a young woman. How time flies ... That here, in contrary to wild Patagonia in Chile / Argentina, you can find a Starbucks just about around every Corner. The places here that I used to roam in every day for 9 months ... That you can find the whole world (and chairs for the Cafe you plan to open) in just one store. You CAN eat cupkes e-v-e-r-y day :) You can also sing Christmas songs and have fun doing so even when it's 30 d C outside.

I am back in the US. Back for another 4 weeks. Some things have changed. Some things are still the same. The AC ist still as cold as ever. Everything here is supersized. You've got to get used to the different traffic system (yes, I can turn right, even when it's red :)). It's a certain that the check in the restaurant will be given to you before you have had your last bite. But I guess if you follow the advice from the ocean, you'll do just fine here in California :)





 
Advice from the Ocean:
 
Be Shore of Yourself.
Come Out of Your Shell.
Take Time to Coast.
Avoid Pier Pressure.
Sea Life's Beauty.
Don't Get Tide Down.
Make Waves!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen